Upgrade your site to Google Analytics 4
Very important information for those of you who use Google Analytics on their websites! Starting on July 1, 2023, UA properties will no longer collect data from your site.
Google Analytics 4 allows you to simultaneously collect statistics on sites and applications and is a fundamentally new analytics system. It differs from the previous version (Universal Analytics) in its approach to data collection, tools, reports, and interface.
Follow the instructions (By Wix) below to upgrade your website to Google Analytics 4.
Step 1 | Create your Google Analytics 4 property
Use the GA4 Setup Assistant in your Google Analytics account to create and set up a new Google Analytics 4 property.
To create a GA4 property:
1. Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
2. Click the Admin icon at the bottom left of the page.
3. Select GA4 Setup Assistant.
4. Click Get Started under I want to create a new Google Analytics 4 property.
5. Click Create property.
6. Click See your GA4 property under Explore and set up your GA4 property.
7. Select Tag installation.
8. Select your stream under Data Streams.
9. Click the Settings icon .
10. Click Show advanced settings under Page views.
11. Deselect the Page changes based on browser history events checkbox.
12. Disable the Site search toggle.
13. Click Save.
Step 2 | Add your Google Analytics 4 property to your site
Add your new property to Google Analytics in Marketing Integrations in your site's dashboard to complete the upgrade.
To add your GA4 property:
Copy your measurement ID under Web stream details.
2. Go to Marketing Integrations on your site's dashboard.
3. Click View under Google Analytics.
4. Click the Show More icon in the top right corner.
5. Click Edit.
6. Paste your Google Analytics 4 measurement ID in the pop-up.
Note: Make sure that there are no extra spaces before the code.
7. (Optional) Select the IP Anonymization checkbox if you want to hide your site visitors’ IP addresses from Google.
8. Click Save.
Аfter switching to GA4, Wix recommends that you continue to use both properties to ensure a constant flow of collected data, and enable you (up to 1 July 2023) to learn more about the data you can collect with GA4.
Thanks to Wix and WIX PRO for the heads-up :)